This is somewhat similar to the blackberry recipe I shared recently here. I like the hint of spices in my jam.
1kg blueberry (6 pack x 170gr)
3 cups sugar (I used half raw cane sugar, half granulated sugar)
1 stick cinnamon
3-4 stick cloves
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Wash blueberries, remove any spoiled berries.
- Place about half of the berries in a pot. Crush well with a potato masher.
- Stir in the other half of the berries, the sugar.
- Place the pot over a medium flame, and cover with a lid. Stir every few minutes.
- Once the mixture comes up to a simmer or low boil, remove the lid, add cinnamon, clove, ginger, lemon zest (all except lemon juice), and continue to stir every 5 minutes.
- Cook about 30 minutes, and do the plate test as explained here.
- When the preserves are thick enough, stir in the lemon juice and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool it down and store it in a jar.