Nice, fresh, low sugar jam. I had about 200gr blackberry to try out this recipe and came out pretty good.
1 tablespoon grated ginger (15gr)
1/4 cup brown sugar (50gr)
1/4 cup white sugar (50gr)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (15gr)
- Wash the blackberry and put in a pan.
- Add other ingredients and start simmering in medium heat.
- Mash the blackberries and mix it all up as it cooks.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Try the plate test by putting a spoon of the jam on a chilled plate and run your finger in the middle. If you get a clear line, jam is ready. If not, keep simmering a few more minutes.
- Cool it down and store it in a jar.
Source: Kitchen & Craft