I love these mini breads in the morning (or afternoon) with my hot Turkish tea, cheese, and olive oil. Its texture is soft and chewy. I will definitely try it again. You can use your favorite topping.
500 g of flour
10 g of dry yeast
A pinch of salt
75 ml of milk
20 g of butter
egg yolk wash
rock salt, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and pavot seeds
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the dry yeast and salt. Add the warm milk and mix. Transfer immediately in your working table lightly floured.
- Knead the dough for about 15 minutes until it becomes elastic and non sticky (you can always add a little bit of flour to facilitate this task).
- Let this dough rest for about ten minutes covered by a towel to avoid drying.
- Continue again kneading the dough until it becomes really non sticky. Form a round shape and leave the dough in a bowl lightly oiled and cover. Let the dough rise for 1 hr.
- Cut about 12 to 14 triangles of about .5cm thick. Roll them from the largest side towards the smallest side.
- Brush with egg yolk and powder with rock salt and seeds.
- Cook for about 15 minutes at 200°C. Put a ramekin with water inside the oven while baking to add humidity (same as bread baking).
Source: Dhanggit’s Kitchen