My husband is an incurable Starbucks lover! He also like to have Starbucks-like cakes with his coffee. I have found this recipe that is very similar to what you can find at Starbucks. I got the two-thumbs up from the addict! I hope you will enjoy it as well.
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in extracts.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer. Place waxed paper under rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake.
- Cool completely before serving.
Source: Taste of Home