I checked quite a few recipes, this is the easiest with best results. All you need it 2 ingredients and your favorite flavor. Reference sources are added at the end.
2 cups (16oz/450ml ) heavy whipping cream, cold
14 ounces (1 Can/ 400ml) sweetened condensed milk (fat-free or regular), cold
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Mocha: 1/2 cup cocoa powder (sifted) + 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- Cookies & Cream: 15 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- Mint chip: 1 teaspoon peppermint extract + 1 cup mini chocolate chips + green food coloring
- Peanut Butter/ Nutella / Cookie Butter: 1/2 cup to 1 cup spread
- Cinnamon Roll: 3 tablespoons butter, melted + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Caramel or Dulce de Leche: 1/2 – 1 cup caramel drizzled over the almost frozen mixture, stir to break up the ribbon a bit. Add a teaspoon of sea salt and/or a few tablespoons of bourbon for a gourmet touch!
- Chocolate: 3/4 cup cocoa powder (sifted) + 4 ounces melted cooled chocolate
- Rocky Road: 1 cup chocolate syrup + 1 cup mini marshmallows + 1 cup toasted almonds swirled into ice cream
- Blueberry swirl: 2 cups fresh blueberries + 3 tablespoons sugar + 2 tablespoons lemon juice cooked in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until burst. Chill before swirling into ice cream.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream: Mix 1 cup cheesecake into 2 cups ice cream base and add strawberry puree.
- Mango Ice Cream: Swirl ¼ cup mango puree into 2 cups ice cream base
- Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold.
- Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cold cream on medium/high speed until soft peaks form.
- Turn off the machine and pour the cold condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Turn the speed up to high and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form. Turn off the machine and stir in vanilla extract (optional).
- Now you have your ice cream base you can add in your desired flavors and fixing. There are some options above as inspiration. Below photos are for mocha and oreo options.
- Once you finish creating your flavors, transfer your ice cream mixture to an airtight container and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight before eating.