One of my friends recommended this recipe. I used cake pan instead of 2 round pans, and cut the cake into 2 for frosting.
1.5 cup all-purpose flour
1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon allspice
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 large apples, peeled and coarsely grated (3 cups)
1.5 cup sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
12 oz light cream cheese (at room temp)
6 tablespoon unsalted butter (at room temp)
2 cups confecioners’ sugar, sifted
1.5 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup walnuts toasted and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 – 8 inch round pans.
- Whik together flour through salt,and spices.
- In a bowl mix apples & sugar.
- Stir dry ingredients into apple mixture.
- Mix in eggs & oil.
- Divide batter between pans bake at 350°F until toothpick comes out clean 25 to 30 min and let it cool
- To make the frosting: Beat cream cheese & butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed and add confectioners sugar & vanilla. Mix until combined, 2 minutes more.
- Place a cake layer on a platter, spread top with 1 cup frosting. Top with second cake layer. Frost top and sides and decorate with walnuts or other choice.
Source: Recipe Binder