These are super simple to put together. Just pulse all of the ingredients in the food processor and roll into balls. If you like, you can roll them into some shredded coconut – they’re delicious with or without the extra coconut. Pop them in the fridge for a convenient snack all week!
1 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds (I used home made granola)
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + ⅓ cup for rolling
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
12 soft dates, pitted and soaked if they’re very dry (I soaked them in orange juice for extra flavor)
⅔ cup chopped carrots
2 teaspoons maple syrup, more to taste
1/4 cup slivered pistachio nuts (being from city of Pistachios, Gaziantep-Turkey, this is obviously my addition to the recipe!)
- In a food processor, combine the sunflower seeds (granola), 1 cup shredded coconut, ginger, cinnamon and salt and pulse until it becomes a fine meal.
- Add the dates and carrots and pulse until the mixture combines and sticks together. Taste and add more maple syrup if you would like your bites sweeter. Add slivered pistachio nuts at the end and just fold it in.
- If the mixture is too dry, add more maple syrup; if it’s too moist, add more coconut and/or let the mix chill in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture, then use your hands to roll it into approximately 1-inch balls.
- Roll in the remaining coconut to coat the outside, if desired. Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Source: Love & Lemons