This easy combination of coconut and chocolate looks decadent but can be made in just minutes. You can also use milk chocolate.
3 cups shredded coconut
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup bitter-sweet chocolate
¾ cup dried fruits – raisins, diced apricots, cherries, mangoes (optional)
½ cup nuts, toasted, and diced (optional)
- To toast coconut, preheat the oven to 300°F. Spread coconut on an ungreased baking sheet. After 2 to 3 mintes, toss the coconut with a spatula. Toast another minute or two until coconut is a light golden brown. Coconut toasts very quickly, so remove the baking sheet from the oven as soon as you see the flakes begin to color.
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Place the toasted coconut in a small bowl. Add nuts and dried fruits (optional).
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the coconut, tossing with a spoon. Stop adding chocolate as soon as there is enough to coat the coconut.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until set.
Source: The Essence of Chocolate