Fresh, zesty, home made lemon sorbet. No ice cream machine needed.
100gr juice (3-4 lemon)
2 lemon zest
- Heat water and the sugar, bring to a boil. Cook for 2 mins then remove from heat.
- Add lemon zest to syrup and mix well, set aside to cool.
- Measure out 100g of lemon juice and add to the syrup mixture.
- Pour into a container, cover it and freeze for 1hour until semi-solid.
- Stir to break up the ice crystals and return to the freezer.
- Keep mixing the sorbet once an hour for 4 hours to break up the ice crystals.
- Freeze overnight until firm.
- Next day your sorbet is ready to serve.
- Makes about 4 scoops.
Source: Sweet Dumpling Channel