It’s easy to make, aromatic, and surprisingly light. An ideal dish for vegetarians or when you’re ready for a meat break.
1/2 stick of butter
3 minced garlic cloves
2 Portobello mushrooms
1 tomato, cut into cubes
4-5 pieces sucuk
10 basil leaves
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C.
- In a saucepan combine butter, garlic cloves, salt and pepper to taste (usually just a pinch). Using medium low heat, cook down the butter and garlic until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and brush each side with the garlic butter sauce.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half, cut buffalo mozzarella and julienne about 10 basil leaves. Set aside a pinch or two of basil for garnish.
- Divide the tomato, cheese, basil, sucuk equally between the mushrooms. Cook in oven for about 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Wipe down your saucepan, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar on medium low heat. Let it reduce until it’s a syrup consistency, about 4-5 minutes. Once reduced, remove from heat.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and drizzle the balsamic over the top (add your extra basil atop for a garnish if you’d like). Serve immediately.