Crispy coconut with your favorite jam. It is soooo delicious! I made some for my coworkers, it became their all time favorite as well.
3/4 pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
7 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
Raspberry and/or apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until just combined, and then add the vanilla.
- Separately, sift together the flour and salt. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Mix until the dough starts to come together.
- Dump on a floured board and roll together into a flat disk.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. (If you have a scale, they should each weigh 1-ounce.)
- Dip each ball into the egg wash and then roll it in coconut.
- Place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and press a light indentation into the top of each with your finger.
- Drop 1/4 teaspoon of jam into each indentation.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the coconut is a golden brown. Cool and serve.
Source: Food Network