It is a great weekend breakfast to have omelet with a good piece of bread and tea, preferably Turkish tea! You can use any vegetables that you like for this recipe.
2 tablespoons butter
1 small chopped onion
1 small chopped bell pepper
2 chopped tomatoes
6 sliced mushroom
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 slices cheese, cut into 1/2 inch strips
2 tablespoons chopped parsley, for topping (optional)
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, mushroom, and tomato. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix eggs, milk and salt in a small bowl. Beat with a fork until combined. Pour over vegetables.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, without stirring, until edges are set, about 2 minutes.
- Cover skillet. Cook omelet until center is nearly set, about 3 minutes. Arrange cheese strips on top of the eggs. Replace cover. Cook until cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- Slide omelet onto a serving plate; fold in half. Sprinkle with parsley, optional.
Source: Easy Everyday Cooking