These scones come handy in the morning with your freshly brewed coffee. Chocolate chips added more flavor, must have for chocolate lovers!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, cold
6-oz (1 container) yogurt
2 tsp orange zest
1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a food processor. Pulse for 5 seconds to combine.
- Cut butter into 4 or 5 pieces and add to food processor with flour mixture. Process for 10-15 seconds until no large pieces of butter remain.
- Add yogurt, orange zest, chocolate chips, and frozen strawberries to food processor. Pulse for 10-15 seconds until mixture comes together into a ball.
- Divide dough in half and shape into two balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet and press down until dough is 1-1½ inches thick. With a knife, cut a cross into the dough so that each disk is divided into 4 pieces.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until scones are lightly browned. Let the scones cool on the sheet for 5-10 minutes. Divide the scones along the lines you cut before baking and remove to a wire rack to cool.
Source: Baking Bites