Stir frying is an English umbrella term used to describe Chinese cooking technique. In this recipe Udon (Japanese style thick noodle), chicken and vegetables used.
2 chicken breast
3 celery sticks
1 cup bean sprouts
1/4 th of a cabbage
4 shiitake mushroom
1 bell pepper
3 garlic cloves
2 package Udon noodle
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat sesame oil and add minced garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add sliced chicken to sesame oil, cook each side for 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from heat, and put it on a plate that has paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Add all vegetables to the wok and cook 4-5 minutes until they are tender.
- Return chicken to the wok and mix with vegetables.
- Cook Udon as described on the package. Drain and add to the wok. (Don’t let noodles wait after cooked, it will stick to each other and create a nice soccer ball! Use noodles as soon as drained.)
- Add soy sauce, and salt, if needed. Toss chicken, vegetables and Udon together.
Source: Remzi Gökdağ