Easy to make scones, for a great snack with coffee.. Or have them for breakfast with a cup of yogurt.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup raisins
2 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon (optional) in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add raisin to flour mixture, mix well. Add egg and milk, stir with a fork until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Divide the into 12 equal pieces. Form a ball and press lightly. Arrange scones on lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle the scones with sugar (optional).
- Bake until tops are golden, about 15 minutes. Let them cool about 3 minutes. Remove from the sheet.
Source: Easy Everyday Cooking