One of my favorite winter dish. It is very healthy as well. I just got it from the Farmers Market where they are freshly picked. Leek is the best when served cold or at room temperature.
1 bunch of leeks, washed and cut, in chunks
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 medium sized carrot, washed and chopped, bite size
2 tablespoon rice, washed
About 1 cup water
1 tbsp sugar
1 lemon juice
- Wash the leeks and cut in 4cm long pieces up to the green part.
- Saute onion in olive oil until transparent.
- Add carrots and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add leek and saute 2 more minutes.
- Add rice, water, salt, sugar. Cover the lid halfway and cook for about 30 minutes on medium-low heat. If needed, you can add more water.
- Before removing from the heat add lemon juice, cook 2 more minutes and let it cool before serving.
Source: Gaziantep Yemekleri ve Muhtelif Yemekler – Sermin Ocak