Pancake lovers, get closer. Here is an easy recipe for your Sunday breakfast.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk (I add about 1/2 cup more for a bit thinner mix)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- When it gets bubbly and dry on the edges, flip to the other side.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot with maple syrup. I like to have fresh furits on the side – banana or strawberry.