You can eat these energy bars, whenever and wherever you want. Great as a breakfast bar or as an afternoon snack. I even pack couple of them when I go hiking!
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup pitted dried dates
1/2 cup powdered nonfat dry milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except the syrup and eggs in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Add the syrup and eggs and pulse until the mixture is well combined. It will resemble a coarse paste.
- Transfer to the baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake until just done, about 20 minutes. Cut into 20 squares.