“Boscaiola” means woodcutter – collecting mushrooms is part of the woodcutter’s heritage. It is creamy, and rich.
500 gr pasta
1 tablespoon oil
2 chicken breast, cut into cubes
200 gr button mushrooms, sliced
2 1/2 cups cream
2 spring onion, sliced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
3 cloves garlic (optional)
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic (optional), mushrooms, and chicken. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, bring to the boil and cook over high heat for 15 minutes or until thick enough to coat a spoon. Stir in the spring onion.
- Season, then pour over the pasta and toss.
- Serve sprinkled with the chopped parsley.
Source: Cooking – A Commonsense Guide