My two favorite ingredients in the same recipe! The chocolate dipped strawberries are best if eaten within 24 hours – refrigerate for longer storage, but serve at room temperature for greatest flavor. Mine lasts only for 1 day!
18-20 large fresh strawberries, with stems left intact
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet or cookie pan with waxed paper.
- Wash the strawberries and pat dry thoroughly with paper towels; set aside. Make sure the strawberries are completely dry. Even a drop of water in the melted chocolate can cause it to “seize” and turn the entire mixture into a grainy mess.
- Grasp the stem or green leaves of the strawberry and dip into the chocolate and swirl in chocolate to partially cover. Give the strawberry a little shake as you withdraw it from the chocolate (this will fill in all the cracks and leave a nice even line of of chocolate at the base.)
- When the strawberry is completely withdrawn from the chocolate, swirl it in a quick, clockwise motion to let the excess chocolate drip off. Place on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
- Either place strawberries into refrigerator or set aside to allow the chocolate to harden, about 30 minutes. Transfer fruit onto a serving platter to serve.
Source: What’s Cooking America