I love curry with rice. This is a very easy and tasty recipe. I tried the variation and added vegetables that is explained at the end of the recipe.
1 chicken breast, sliced
1/2 c. flour
2 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 Tblsp. curry powder
1 red pepper, minced
1/2 c. heavy cream
- Toss chicken in flour until coated.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add chicken, lightly browning on each side.
- Add garlic and onions, saute for one minute.
- Add chicken brother, oregano and curry powder. Stir and cover. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and remove from the heat.
- Stir in cream and serve over a bed of rice.
- For a vegetarian version, used vegetables cooked in vegetable broth instead of chicken.
- You could also add other veggies to this recipes, carrots, potatoes and spinach go very well with the chicken.
Source: The Gourmet Mama