I like celery stalks as well as the celery root. In appearance, celery root resembles a misshapen turnip. It is brown and lumpy, and the brown outer skin should be washed and peeled before cooking.
1 large size celery root, peeled and diced
1 big onion, diced
2 carrots, cut in quarter-rounds
1 potato, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon flour, if desired
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups water
Juice from an orange
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
Dill or parsley to garnish
- Pick a strong knife to peel and chop celery root; it’s a little bit hard. And make sure among all the ingredients it’s the last thing to chop. Peeled celery root darkens pretty fast.
- Put everything in a broad pot. Add water to barely cover the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 25-30 minutes. To see if it’s cooked taste the carrots.
- Let it cool down. Garnish with dill or parsley.
- This recipe of celery root is an olive oil recipe, and it is best when it’s served cold. However, it’s good when it’s warm, too.
Source: Nuriye Horozoglu