I enjoy all kinds of soup in winter. And in Switzerland, long winter period gives me a lot of time to try various soup recipes. Here is one that even your kids will love. Broccoli is high in Vitamin C, as well as dietary fiber.
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli
1 large onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup cream
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in heavy medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli, onion, carrot, salt and pepper and saute until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, until the flour reaches a blonde color.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Simmer uncovered until broccoli is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pour in cream.
- With an immersion blender, puree the soup.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste, and then replace the lid back on the pot.
- Serve hot.
Source: Food Network