I had some frozen blueberries in the freezer and some left over chocolate from my delicious brownies. Hmmm… I think I need something for breakfast. Oh yes, why don’t I make some muffins!
1 1/2 cups plain flour
3/4 white sugar
A pinch of salt
2 teaspoom baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1 large egg
Cinnamon sugar (You can prepare this yourself with your own measurements of cinnamon and sugar)
1/3 cup full-cream milk
1 cup blueberries
Dark chocolate morsels – as much as you like
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Position rack in center of oven. Butter or spray with a non stick cooking spray 12 – 2 3/4 x 1 1/2 inch muffin cups. Set aside.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl whisk together the egg, milk, and oil.
- With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix the batter or tough muffins will result.
- Gently fold in the berries. Add a few shakes of cinnamon sugar (approx 1 teaspoon) and as much dark chocolate as you like.
- Fill each muffin cup almost full of batter, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Source: The Sugar Bar