This simple but perfect banana bread will make you happy. I promise! It is also a good way of using the ripe bananas.
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped walnut (this is my addition to original the recipe)
- It is so easy, you do not even need a mixer for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour (and walnut) last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Source: Simply Recipes